I have a lot of sneakers, probably upwards of 30 or 40 pairs, and I also have tons of brightly colored cycling socks, so I like to take photos of my shoe/sock combos that I put on Instagram.
People often ask me how I get the photos, because it looks like someone else was lying on the ground to take them, but I have shot them all by myself, so here’s how (follow these steps in order because the Camera app on the watch is a little buggy).
- Unlock your phone, but keep it in your hand
- Launch the Camera app on your watch, wait about 5 seconds for it to connect and hopefully you’ll see video on your watch of what your phone is seeing
- With your phone, swipe the camera choices to Portrait mode
- Put a water bottle on the ground, stand your phone up against it as vertically as possible (be sure to not block the camera lens)
- Walk about 6-8ft away and frame your feet in the shot (it make take some shuffling forward/back to get right)
- Tap the watch screen to focus your camera on the shoes
- Hit the shutter button on your watch!